Business Location Services
- Population: 3,120
- Number of Households: 997
- Total Land Area: 2.1 Square Miles
- Located eight miles south if Interstate 70, with access to Kansas Highways 140, 14, and 156.
- County Seat of Ellsworth County
- North of Smoky Hill River in Smoky Hills region of Kansas
- Ellsworth Elementary School (Kindergarten - 4th grade)
- Kanopolis Middle School (located in Kanopolis) (5th grade - 6th grade)
- Ellsworth Junior Senior High School (7th grade - 12th grade)
Thinking About Moving to town?
Ellsworth has great properties for sale and rent. Contact the Chamber of Commerce at (785) 472-4071 for information on rentals. Thinking about buying a home? We have two realtors in town, with links to their listings below!
The City's current sales tax rate is 1.25%. When included with the State and County, the total sales tax rate in the City of Ellsworth is 8.4%. Currently, a portion of Highway 156 is located in a Transportation Development District, meaning certain areas have an additional 1% sales tax to pay for infrastructure improvements.