Click to Home
Go To Search
Email pagePrint page
History of City Hall
History of City Hall
The Ellsworth City Hall was built in 1938 with over $26,000 in federal funds from the New Deal and $35,000 in municipal bonds.  45 men were employed in the construction, with 35 of workers being local.  Mrs. Clara Williford was mayor at the time of construction.  The building, designed by Charles Shaver, was dedicated on June 5, 1938.