Licenses & Fees
Various Licenses & Fees
Business licenses are not required in the City of Ellsworth. Listed below are costs for various licenses and services.
Dog & Cat Licenses
- Cereal Malt Beverage License: $75.00
- Dangerous Structure Removal: Actual Cost of Removal
- Fireworks Vendor Permit: $250.00
- Liquor License: $300.00
- Peddler's License-Annual: $150.00
- Peddler's License-Daily: $25.00
- Peddler's License Application Fee: $35.00
- Portable Storage Unit Permit: $50.00
- Returned Check Fee: $30.00
- Street/Curb Cut Fee: $50.00 + $2.00/Sq Ft
- Burial Permit: $250 full, ($60 for cremation)
City Ordinance requires dogs and cats to be licensed. Pet owners should get a license within 30 days of:
- Acquiring a dog/cat that is over four months old
- The dog/cat turning four months old
- Moving into the City with the dog/cat
Dog/cat licenses are $4.00 for an animal that is spayed or neutered and $6.00 for an animal that is not. If animals are not licensed by March 1st there is a $5.00 penalty. The animal impound fee is $50.00, while the daily animal care fee is $15.00/day. If your pet is loose, contact Ellsworth Police Department immediately.
Pit Bulls are prohibited in the City of Ellsworth.