P.O. Box 163
121 W. First Street
Ph: (785) 472-5566
Fx: (785) 472-4145
City Hall Hours
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City Administrator works at the pleasure of the City Council. The Administrator oversees the day to day functions of the City and coordinates the departments including Police, Fire, Finance, Water, Sewer, Streets, and Parks and Recreation.
Duties and responsibilities of the City Administrator include:
- Presenting recommendations and information to enable the Council to make educated decisions on matters of policy
- Serving on various boards, committees, commissions, and statewide organizations, etc. as directed by the City Council
- Maintaining a sound fiscal position for the City through the preparation of the annual budget
- Responding promptly and positively to all inquiries and requests of citizens
- Disseminating information regarding City activities.